Calling all artists! We need a logo. We’re holding a contest and hope to inspire local graphic designers to capture the beauty of the Carp Hills in a simple, but distinctive symbol for our organization. The winner will receive — glory! Also a ball cap sporting the logo and a three year membership in the FCH.
The design must meet the following requirements:
- Use no more than two colours.
- The logo must be easy to identify and render in a single colour to make it recognizable in black and white and in silhouette.
- Incorporate the theme of the landscape as much as possible – hills, rock (Canadian Shield), water, trees, turtles, etc.
- Incorporate the name “Friends of the Carp Hills”. Use Georgia font.
- Fit within any shape, with or without a border – square, rectangle, circle, triangle, diamond, etc, – keeping in mind that it will be used on web sites, letterhead, social media, ball caps, etc.
- Optional consideration: If the words “Friends of the Carp Hills” and a graphic are separate, then the shape of the graphic should be distinct and recognizable without the use of the words.
The deadline is 10 December. The winner will be announced in the second week of January. Submit your contest entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the following information in your contest entry:
- a colour version of your logo in JPEG.
- a single colour version of your logo in JPEG.
- your name, address, email, and phone number.
You may submit as many logo entries as you like.
The winner will provide high and low resolution files in JPEG and PDF for the colour and single colour versions. The winner must sign over the rights to use the logo
We reserve the right not to select any entry.